CHC33015 – Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing)
In collaboration with Whiddon Maclean and BaptistCare Maranoa Alstonville
Face-to-Face Training/3 Days per Week/26 weeks
North Coast community College is excited to be able to offer you in collaboration with Whiddon Maclean and BaptistCare Maranoa Alstonville a unique and hands on face-to-face learning experience.
During your course you will take part in onsite learning at each facility where you will have direct access to community members, workplace assessment and valuable experiences to enhance your learning.
With Australia’s ageing population continuing to grow, Aged Care is one of the few industries where job security and new opportunities are possible for decades to come. Are you interested in a career helping others? Qualified carers are in high demand. This course will provide you with entry level qualifications into this vital industry.
This qualification reflects the role of workers in the community and/or residential setting who follow an individualised plan to provide person-centred support to people who may require support due to ageing, disability or some other reason. Work involves using discretion and judgement in relation to individual support as well as taking responsibility for own outputs. Workers have a range of factual, technical and procedural knowledge, as well as some theoretical knowledge of the concepts and practices required to provide person-centred support.
- Dates: Monday 16th August to Wednesday 23rd February 2022
- Days: Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday
- Location: NCCC Alstonville Campus/BaptistCare Maranoa
- Time: 9:00am-4:30pm
- Dates: Tuesday 3rd August to Thursday 10th February 2022
- Days: Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday
- Location: NCCC Yamba Campus/Whiddon Maclean
- Time: 9:00am-4:30pm
6 months course. Late enrolments will be considered upon application.
- Delivery mode: mixed: face to face, online, work-placement.
- Three (3) days per week/ 26 weeks (2 x learning, 1 x work-placement)
- Learners will have completed a language literacy and numeracy assessment during the enrolment process and demonstrate their learning capacity to undertake course.
- to achieve this qualification, the student must have completed at least 120 hours of work as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of the units of competency = compulsory Work Placement: 120 hours
- There are no Training Package entry requirements for this course
This training is subsidised by the NSW government under Smart and Skilled.
Are you eligible for Smart and Skilled training? Are you:
- no longer at school?
- 15 years old or over?
- living or working in NSW?
- an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen?
If you answered ‘Yes’ to all four questions, then you may be eligible to enrol in a NSW government subsidised course with NCCC. Find out more at: smartandskilled.nsw.gov.au/are-you-eligible
The student fee you will need to pay, will be determined according to your personal circumstances and eligibility for a subsidised place.
First Qualification: $1450
Second Qualification: $ 1750
Full Fee: $3200
Contact our friendly staff for more information on: 02 6628 5426 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will finalise your enrolment in the course after we have discussed the course details and funding with you.
During the enolment process students will have to supply evidence of: police check, current flu injection record, current vaccination record and working with children check.
Prior to training students will be required to complete and sign a COVID-19 Screening Checklist.
(13 Units = 26 weeks inc. work placement)
Module 1: Orientation/Introduction (ACE Funding)
HLTAID003 Provide First Aid – I day
Module 2: (S&S)
HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems.
HLTINF001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures (Release 1) (online + workplace Assessment)
HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care.
CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services.
CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically.
CHCAGE005 Provide support to people living with dementia.
CHCCCS011 Meet personal support needs.
CHCAGE001 Facilitate the empowerment of older people.
HLTHPS006 Assist clients with medication.
CHCCCS015 Provide individualised support.
CHCCCS023 Support independence and well-being
CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
*These units may be subject to change
Contact our staff for more info on 02 6628 5426