CARING FOR THE CARER
Are you a carer? Do you provide regular support to people who need it because they have a disability, a chronic illness, mental health issues, dementia or are frail?
Being a carer is a an act of love, devotion and dedication. As a carer you need support, understanding, love and practical strategies that will assist you in caring for yourself, while undertaking your caring roles.
Join our workshop for essential, practical tools that will be invaluable for you as a carer. This course covers the following topics:
• Carer empowerment strategies
• Effective Communication tools
• Understanding and managing strong emotions in ourselves and others
• Assertive communication techniques and setting boundaries
• Self-care techniques
• Knowing when to ask for help
WHEN & WHERE: Wednesday 5th June Yamba
Wednesday 26th June – Ballina
*This course includes the following unit of competency and is subsidised by the NSW government
(FSKLRG08 – Use simple strategies for work-related learning, FSKOCM07 Interact effectively with
others at work)