Soil Biology Workshop
19 May 2021
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Delve into Soil Biology with the team at DPI at Wollongbar
- Are you interested in the latest research into soil biology and how it can be applied to your own enterprise?
- Are you more than a little overwhelmed by how your farm management can impact the biology in your soil?
- What farm chemicals, and amendments influence soil biology and how can you measure the change?
- And what is the rhizosphere and what is its influence on the plants you wish to grow?
This workshop/ masterclass is what you have been looking for. Providing a unique opportunity to learn about all these questions and more. There will be opportunities to discuss how this knowledge can be applied to your own enterprise as you join NSW DPI’s outstanding team of:
- Lukas Van Zwieten, principal Research Scientist, and adjunct Prof at Southern Cross University.
- Justine Cox, NSW DPI research scientist who has been working on soil biology and composts for over 20 years.
- Dr Mick Rose, NSW DPI researcher looking at practices that impact on soil biological processes.
- Cameron Copeland, who is investigating plant-soil-rhizosphere interactions with his PhD at SCU.
- Anders Claassens, who is unravelling the role of the fungi VAM and endophytes as part of his PhD at SCU.
- Abigail Jenkins, NSW DPI’s soil development officer and author of many soils publications for farmers.
This two-hour interactive workshop is part of an ongoing collaboration between the Department of Primary Industries (DPI) and North Coast Community College (NCCC) and utilizes NCCC’s purpose built Primary Industries Training Centre located on the DPI Site at Wollongbar.
Workshop Dates – Wednesday 19th of May 2021 | 10am – 12pm
Address: NCCC Training Centre Wollongbar DPI ~ 1243 Bruxner Highway, Wollongbar – Entrance via Lindendale Road