Smart and Skilled
Smart and Skilled is a reform of the NSW Vocational Education and Training (VET) system. It’s helping people in NSW get the skills they need to find a job and advance their careers.
From 1 January 2015, Smart and Skilled provides eligible students with:
- An entitlement to government-subsidised training up to and including Certificate III
- Government funding for higher-level courses (Certificate IV and above) in targeted priority areas.
North Coast Community College offers a number of qualifications that are funded under the Smart and Skilled entitlement for eligible recipients.
To be eligible for funding under the CSO program you must be:
- an Australian Citizen, New Zealand Citizen, permanent resident or humanitarian visa holder, and
- aged 15 years or older
- not at school*, and
- living or working in NSW.
* special conditions apply to Smart and Skilled Programs for young people still at school. Please contact the College for further information.
For further information about the Smart and Skilled Program, or to speak with someone about your possible eligibility please contact our Customer Support team.